Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gymboree!!!

Filip and I have recently joined a really spectacular gym as of a few weeks ago and we really love it! We had joined one before in Bracknell, but it was pretty small (big enough for what we needed, but nevertheless small) and didn't have a pool or anything, just weights and treadmills, mostly. We enjoyed that, but didn't go as often as we would've liked and were paying too much to keep that up, so we ended up leaving it. After a long while, our friend Gogi called up and suggested that we (and a bunch of other happy recruits) should come by and check out the gym he had joined in Wokingham. So we (Keren and David and Filip and I) went on a Saturday night and took advantage of a free-of-charge visitor workout, to check out the place and see if we would be interested in joining. Gogi was really excited and showed us around and told us what they offer, etc., and even gave us a preview of what he could teach us about weight training and such. To say the least, we were interested! The gym has tons more variety and number of weight machines, free weights and aerobic machines than our other gym had, not to mention a nice pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, with really nice locker rooms and showers and even a cafe area for coffee and internet. There's also a merchandise section where you can buy the gym's 'signature' towels, swim suits, socks, workout clothes, water bottles, goggles, etc. We really liked what we saw (even the price wasn't totally unreasonable) and there was a deal upon signing up in the following couple days, so we joined! We've loved it ever since and we've even gone so far as to buy a locker combo lock for each of us that even has the name of the gym on it! Hahaha. We're excited. Filip even had Gogi 'set him up' on a regular weight training routine and we're both seeing a difference. :) And it's extra nice because a lot of our good friends go there regularly too. It's so nice to come with friends - exercise is a great thing to do socially! Every time we leave the gym, we feel so refreshed and energized and healthy - even if we feel a bit sore. Exercise tends to really motivate me to improve in all other areas of my health as well, which is exactly what I need - motivation! I'm trying to drink more water, go to bed on time (which is, incidentally, not working as well as I'd hoped - hehe), get more fresh air, eat healthier and so on. We went last night (we try to go at least 3 times a week) and both worked out harder than before and we actually feel good - soreness is surprisingly minimal! Yay! Are we making progress? I hope so! That always feels great - to start seeing results. I just hope I don't lose that motivation too soon... ;)

2 comments:

Baley Dyan said...

Hey, Taylor! Have you kept up your exercise regime? That sounds like a really great gym! (Ryan and I were members of the Rush, which was also a great gym, but we didn't go, so we had to quit our membership). Love ya!

taylor noel said...

Hey Baley Dy! Oh my goodness - I can't believe I haven't found your comment till now (it's been over half a year!)! So sorry! :S I've totally abandoned this poor blog and I'm sad about that - I had a feeling this would happen (I'm horrible at keeping even journals)... After remembering I had this blog, I saw your comment :) And I decided to get back into the swing of it - I love blogs and I really love keeping up with those of people that are really close to me, especially! I'm on to reading your new posts now! :)

Anyhoo, to answer your good question... we have sadly not kept up with our exercise routine... (oops, I should only speak for myself, really) We had to quit the gym, unfortunately, because we weren't able to go enough to make the money worth it (it was £90 for both of us, per month! not as bad as some, but too much for us - that's even the student discount!). But we bought a home gym set (free weights and a bench, smaller weights for me - haha - and a jumprope, an ab roller - not one of those posh ones, just a cheap, basic one, but it sure does work your abs like nothin' else! - a yoga mat, exercise ball, and one of those things that you squeeze between your thighs or arms, all for about 2 months' worth of going to the gym! We thought maybe that would be better for us - we can use it anytime and for cheaper and longer. :) When we got these things (we didn't get it all at once), we were all eager and excited to use them and did regularly for a while, but now we've (again) fallen back on it... :( Filip's been doing much better than me at keeping up with it, though. I'm horrible at doing anything and I'm not losing any weight, that's for sure. I think I'm gaining a bit too... :S Yikes! I keep trying to get back into the routine and I'm even excited about it, but I don't do it nearly as much as I should. We even have at-home exercise routines for ourselves! I want to get into a regular routine, but it's just not catching on with me... Grrr... I mean, when I work a full day and come home, cook dinner and eat, I'm already exhausted and it's already 8:30! *sigh* Oh well. You've been a big motivation to me, too - even though you sadly live sooo far away! Hehe. I keep hearing that you and Ryan are doing a lot of exercise and such and I'm so inspired by you! I need to so badly - I know I'm not doing as well as I could. I'm falling back on drinking water, too, sometimes - grrr! I need to drink so much more. I'm good sometimes, but other times, horrible. Anyhoo, enough excuses - I need to get my act together! :D How are you guys doing with exercise lately? Are you still hittin' the Rush? :)

I love you, Baley, and I hope to give you a call tonight :) Haven't talked to you in AGES! xxx