Monday, November 10, 2008

Perusing... an insight...

Perusing... First of all, I really love that word... I can't explain what effect it has on me exactly, but it's a nice word, isn't it? Anyway, moving on to the point (haha - another word: tangent - it's a good one), I must admit that perusing through someone's (a friend's or a family member's, maybe) personal book shelves - with permission, of course - is one of the most satisfying (however simple) activities to me. What made me come to that opinion, I don't even know myself, but one thing is certain: spending some time reading through the titles in a person's library proves to be a great insight into that person's life - their tastes, opinions, even somewhat into their backgrounds, and to me, it is so very interesting! It's fun, satisfying and even relaxing, to some degree. You get to know that person just that much more and it's a nice feeling. Yes, people can read all sorts of books or magazines, either on their own time or that of their professors, but the books that they own is a completely different story altogether. I've read books that I don't even care to re-read or even ponder, but those that I own are ones that mean something to me, that have interested me, whether in the past or currently. A person's book collection is part of his/her identity. How neat is that? I don't know if anyone will read this, but it simply interested me, maybe because I love books and I have always found pleasure in perusing through my mom's or my sister's or my friends' collections, simply because that's part of who they are. And, oddly enough, I guess it's even part of who I am, the fact that I do participate in this simple occupation. I like it :) If you feel like looking through mine and you aren't exactly in the neighbourhood, feel free to check it out on my ReadingSocial wedpage thing. :) In addition to my personal book collection, it includes things like books that I'm interested in reading, those that I am currently reading, most of the books I have read and some reviews on them. I hope you find it insightful :) Anyway, happy reading in the meantime!

No comments: