Monday, November 10, 2008

The Tutorial Centre is back (or I am)

Hey, guess what? Even though I am no longer a student at Newbold College, the Humanities Department has appointed me to take on the Tutorial Centre once again as a part-time (4 hours per week) job! For those whom I haven't told or who don't know, the Tutorial Centre is essentially a service for students to come and get help with writing (essays, theses, dissertations, CVs), whether they need proofreading, tips, or answers to writing queries, all free of charge. I have been the student worker there for the past 2 school years and now they have appointed me again. I already have 2 part-time jobs, but this one is very small and will just suit me and my schedule. :) It will give me a total of 40 hours/week, a perfect full-time schedule that I've been wanting! Yay! I posted a few adverts here and there around campus so that students would be aware of its being in action again, and posted a sign-up sheet near the centre. My first day back was this past Friday and I even had a 'client' come see me already! It's proving to be a good start and I really love that job. I get to meet students that I didn't know very well to begin with, get to talk to them about what they're studying, and learn a lot from their studies and papers. I've become more and more interested in the topic/act of editing and I've come to really enjoy it. I'm starting to feel that I can help students that need it, at least to some degree. :) It's quite a satisfying position and I hope it is of some service. Something makes me want to create a 'business card' for further hours... hmmm... :) I don't know, but here's a start. It's funny... I'm seriously following more and more in my sister's footsteps as time goes on, without even realizing it - hehe. :) She is one of the most admirable people I am privileged to know and love. I'm so proud to be her sister! :)

No comments: